Wednesday, October 02, 2013

Wednesday's Work

New AKC Lure Coursing Title
 "CAT" (Coursing Ability Test)


View of Seneca Lake from the Coursing Field
Sampson State Park, Finger Lakes, New York



Leg #1
Too bad there is no video of my first run! Non-sighthounds run individually whereas sighthounds run with 1 or 2 other sighthounds depending on the event. Approximately two-thirds through my first run, a whippet ran out onto the field to chase the lure and I got to demonstrate for the judge that I could course with another dog in a mannerly fashion (i.e., play fair by concentrating on the lure and not interfering with the other dog).

 Leg #2

Leg #3
(The video is not very steady as it was very windy and the person holding the camera was also holding a very large dog who was very excited to be next in line!)
 
My AKC name is now:

Varazs Mokany Kiralyi Orban JH, CAT


3 comments:

  1. Well done Bodi. You must be exhausted after all that :). I've got to try that with Stella, I think she would love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So fun! So fast, Bodi! How cool that he got to course with another dog, even if it was accidental! Oh and that was NOT mud on Rye, it was cow poop :(

    ReplyDelete